Chief Executive Officer
Twin Valley Developmental Services, Inc. (TVDSI), a nonprofit in Kansas is seeking a dynamic Chief Executive Officer to lead its operations in two rural Kansas counties. TVDSI provides services to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in Marshall and Washington counties to serve our mission of enriching the lives of the people we serve and their families. We are a close knit organization of 75 staff serving 80 people, with an annual operating budget of nearly $5 million. Incorporated in 1976 by families looking to improve the lives of individuals with IDD, TVDSI continues to grow to meet today's challenges.
The CEO is responsible for the overall operation and management of the programs and facilities operated by the Board of Directors as well as directing the operations of the CDDO. The CEO oversees the overall administration and programs of the organization. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and works with the Board to fulfill the organization's mission through programs, strategic planning, community relations, and develops resource s to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the development, training, and orientation of the Board of Directors.
- Helps maintain the corporate and legal existence of the organization under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Promotes effective operation of all programs within the organization to include, but not limited to, meeting KDADS licensing regulations, Department of Labor regulations, etc.
- Presents to the Board of Directors management reports to assist them in their decision-making process to develop policies by which the agency operates.
- Ensures that an effective leadership team is in place.
- Ensures a high quality of services to the individual served that pro motes independence, community integration, and quality of life that are provided in a safe and supportive environment.
- Seeks out and negotiates with potential funders to achieve organizational goals.
- Responsible for all phases of personnel administration including but not limited to developing staffing patterns, hiring/ dismissing staff, in-service training, etc.
- Oversees financial administration, including budgeting, payroll administration, cost accounting and maintenance of comprehensive financial and other records.
- Oversees agency public relations, programs to include but not limited to brochures, publications, presentations, etc.
- Assists the President of the Board in preparing TVDSI board meetings including agendas and materials for presentations.
- Works cooperatively with other service provider organizations and state offices.
- Presents positive, fair, and accurate image of Twin Valley Developmental Services to public.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have experience in the human services field with strong decision making and prioritization skills. We need a leader who can strategically guide our organization, successfully marrying the needs of our agency and those we serve with federal and state requirements. Additional needed skills and experience include budget management, leadership, and excellent communication abilities.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, but may be substituted with related experience. Five years’ experience in service delivery to persons with intellectual/ developmental disabilities or a related field and five years' experience in management preferred. Driving record must be acceptable to Twin Valley's insurance carrier. Must qualify for bonding by TVDSI insurance carrier.
We offer an attractive compensation package that includes a wage that is commensurate with experience and knowledge, plus benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, employer paid life Insurance, KPERS retirement program, supplemental insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), employer provided cell phone, and other benefits , including a fun, quickly changing, and friendly atmosphere in which to work.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter, a statement of leadership philosophy as it pertains to the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities, a current resume, and (3) professional references to Twin Valley Developmental Services, PO Box 42, Greenleaf KS 66943 or email@example.com by March 31, 2020. Formal review of resumes will begin March 20, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is July 1, 2020.
TVDSI is a non-pro fit Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without consideration of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
Community Living Supervisor
Training and care of home living skills with adults with developmental disabilities in group home and/or apartment. Prefer experience, but not necessary. Great benefits package.
- Job Type: Full or Part-time
- Required licenses or certifications: Driver's license preferred
- Required Education: High School or equivalent